Pico de Gallo
There’s nothing as delicious as freshly-made pico de gallo. Plump, juicy tomatoes mixed with fragrant cilantro, spicy jalapenos, garlic and red onions. Finished off with a fresh burst of lime juice. Can you almost taste it? This is another one of those things, that, through trial and error, I finally came up with something that’s a keeper. Enjoy.
- 1 large, ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 quarter red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp. of kosher salt, or more to taste
- few grindings of black pepper
Prepare all of the ingredients as mentioned above, place in a serving bowl, chill and serve. Goes lovely with fajitas, over fish or just munching with chips and a nice cold beer or margarita.